Monday, July 28, 2008

I Don't Wanna Be Lonely No More

So the title of this post is two-fold. It's both an ode to my most favoritest band/singer Rob Thomas who sings a song with this title, and it's also an ode to my current miserable state.

I dropped John off at the airport yesterday evening for a business trip to New York. Sadly, I did not get to tag along on this one. Now, for the next 3+ days I'll be all by my lonesome. I was actually dreading it the moment I heard him mention the trip plans. Silly I know. I spent the majority of my single years by myself. Well except for the occasional roommate but you get the idea. The silence never bothered me (with the added help of my dear friend Mr. TV). I got the blues occasionally but found pride in my independence along the way. And now that I'm a newlywed of 8 months, I can hardly tolerate the silence. Up until now, I've managed to visit my dear mother or siblings when John heads out of town. However, this time around, I figured it was time I learned to be a big girl and buck up. So...this is me....bucking up.....and blogging about it for my sympathetic readers.

So, what have I done today you ask? Well John taught me a trick of staying up late late late the night before so when you actually hit the bed you're already half asleep. And after trying this out last night I finally woke up this morning at 9:00ish. Woohoo!!! I survived!! Since then, I've managed to waller around, moaning, and rocking myself in the corner. Hahaha....ok not really but it was an entertaining visual wasn't it? I have managed to poke around, do some cleaning, head to the pool, and do some work as well. Not the most productive day but exactly what I've reserved it for. Today is the day I wallow in my sorrows. Tomorrow will be the day I actually grow up, get out of the house, and get something done. Sigh....the countdown begins.

6 comments:

Nik said...

I LOVE Rob Thomas. Sorry your guy is gone. Weston has never been gone longer than one night, I don't know what I'd do.Pajama week seems about right, though.

Josie said...

Make a face mask, paint your toenails and watch disgustingly chicky chick flicks... and make cookies.


This is definitely a rinse/repeat ceremony whenever Bart leaves town. Though don't leave any evidence of the cookies or else John will wonder where the other 4 dozen went when there are only 2 left on the plate.

Robbie and Shay said...

Um...Solution...Have a kid. Then you house is NEVER quiet!!

Shannon said...

You know, that feeling never goes away...well at least not for the first almost 3 years! I hope it doesn't ever go away! I have children and I still dread it...no worries you are so normal!

What's up with the Walkers! said...

You poor baby!Kendall is going out of town and leaving me with two babies! I only wish I was alone:) I won't complain since I swiped Mooma away from you to come help me!!!

Tamara said...

YEP...it has gotta suck BIG TIME!!! Sorry that you are left to crawl up into the fetal position AGAIN!!! You know how you got when we couldn't hang out often enough! ha ha ha ha...did I spill the beans (sorry!)

And congrats on finalizing the new house...was it worth the paycheck you got afterwards?...hope so1