Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Tribute


Last Saturday John and I went to go see the new Batman movie and yes we absolutely LOVED it. However, I think we loved it for different reasons. I'm sure John loved the special effects, and I just loved watching Heath Ledger's last performance. And what a performance it was!! I'm not a huge Batman fan, I've seen them here and there. However, I have ALWAYS been a huge Heath Ledger fan. It was a rather sad time watching the movie knowing he's no longer with us though. He was such a great actor in everything he did. I'm always crazy for those actors who not only have the looks, but the skills, the accent, the personality, and don't give two cents for the fame of Hollywood. They are there to perform and nothing else. Something makes me go absolutely crazy for guys like that. (i.e. Johnny Depp as well). And yes, in case you were wondering, John is aware of my crush for Heath.

I do highly recommend seeing the movie, even if you aren't a Batman fan. I found the plot a little confusing but was mesmerized by the acting skills of Heath. My all time favorite movie is Four Feathers (yes with Heath Ledger in it also) and that is very very very highly recommended. It has a great plot and a great cast of characters....I'm also a fan of Kate Hudson.

I'm sure by now you realize how devastated I was earlier this year when I got the interruption in TV that said Heath Ledger passed away. John was already asleep so I just mourned in silence and sat in shock. I like to pretend that he didn't die by suicide or drugs or anything bad. I know he didn't have the cleanest record for that stuff but regardless he was a great actor and will always be one of my fav's. So here is my tribute to him.

3 comments:

Lisa R said...

We went and saw the Batman movie last weekend as well, I thought it was going to put Karra into labor is was so scary! I really liked Heath as well. I was kind of surprised/dissapointed at first that they would make the hottie the "ugly" joker. But he really did do a phenominal job.

Colton Anne said...

We saw the movie yesterday and WOW!! We thought it was great! The best Batman and I thought that Batman Begins was really good...this one blew it out of the water! See you in a few days!

Tamara said...

Ya, I thought he did a better-than- sex kinda performance. (can you have those?...there's a cake named that...)

Anyway, I agree that he was a one-of-a-kind actor, and Batman really showed off just what kind of actor he would have been. I have read many reports and interviews about his death, and I'm convinced it was an accident. Many people believe it was linked to the movie or to drugs, but I really think it's a load of crap.