Saturday, July 12, 2008

Home, Home On The Range

Well technically I wouldn't consider the gun range as home but John would happily adopt it as his second home if he could. Especially now that he has purchased his new little baby - a Springfield XD9 handgun.

So, we finally ventured out to shoot the new gun for the first time. We went to a cute (er I mean cool and manly) shooting range that was outside in the woods and had a grand time.....minus the buckets of sweat we shed from the humidity. John went up first and he's a pretty decent shot. I was next and blew through about 10 rounds on my own - none of them hitting the target mind you. I suppose I'm more interested in enjoying the experience - hitting the target is a minor detail I tend to overlook. In all actuality, I was more nervous and cautious about pulling the trigger back and preparing for the recoil that I didn't pay any nevermind to that target thingy. I spent more of my time loading up the cartridges (it isn't as easy as it looks) and playing photographer. After a few rounds on the newbie gun and a few more on the 22 we were tuckered out.
Guns are fun and all but they don't quite "trip my trigger" like they do for John and my brother Nick. (Lol....pun intended.....da dun dun...tiss).

Here are the pics of our outing...

John doing his "cool dude" pose as he begins shooting his first round.

The aftermath of his first round of shooting the new gun.




Me taking the stance and preparing for the recoil. Whaddya say - should I audition for the next Cagney & Lacey or perhaps Charlie's Angels?

"Yeah dahts raight, I am da ladeths maaan"

6 comments:

JennVan said...

Not that this has anything to do with this blog entry....but I just found out that a guy I went to high school with is the announcer for the Como Derby Dames. After reading about your adventures with that a few weeks ago, I thought you might find that funny.

Robbie and Shay said...

I'd be in trouble if I ever needed to protect myself...I can't aim either!

Deleen said...

The lady's man! Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard. sigh ... good times

Shannon said...

You seriously just crack me up! After a long day, that is exactly what I needed to read! Sounds like loads of fun!

Dana said...

This is soooo going to want brad to get a gun. He's been talking about it for a year and now, he'll really want one. It will be another reason for him to come and bug you at your house!

Tamara said...

WOW...I haven't read your blog in a while. Summer School was kickin my trash, & it's now O-V-E-R!!! Anyhoo---you've been postin some long 'uns, sha-nay-nay. Thanks for the pics and the posts...good to see you out with the guns (not!) and stayin' away from strangers who eat all your chips!