Monday, July 21, 2008

Week With The Walkers

Last week I was reminded as to exactly why I love being a real estate agent. John had a business meeting in Kansas City and since I work my own hours, I got the opportunity to tag along with him. However, while he spent the days in meetings, I spent the days visiting my sis Michelle and her family in Liberty, MO. I hadn't seen my neice and nephew in a good while so we had a great visit. And luckily Colton and her girls got to join us for swimming and shopping on one of the days.

Day One: I found out just how much Michelle wanted me to visit after she drove to Kansas to pick me up. We immediately began our shopping trip to find her a shirt and shoes for my lil bro's upcoming wedding and headed off to a nice lunch before we settled back at her house.

Day Two: We all decided to beat the heat and head to the pool with the kids in tow. Colton brought Kayley and Cora up for a visit and we all had a blast. Kayley preferred to swim in the bacteria infested kiddie pool. Cora preferred to try to swim on her own and at 11 months that is rather daring! And Ashlyn spent the time showing us how she can jump into the pool to her momma. Later that night we enjoyed watching The Other Boelyn Girl. It was a fairly dark but interesting movie.

Day Three: We woke up early to go see "Mr. Stinky Feet" live and in person at the local library!! Luckily we arrived early as it was a sold out event. It was a hilarious experience and gave me a glimpse into the life of a stay-at-home mom. Ashlyn even did a little dancing right along with the music. Then we spent the day running errands and spoiling Ashlyn rotten

It wasn't long before Ashlyn was requesting I help her use the big girl's potty (something that apparently was a 'mommy only' thing before I came along). I hardly recognized little Preston because he had grown so much since his blessing when we saw him last. He is definitely his father's child - he looks just like Kendall. After a great three days of playing, swimming, napping, potty-training, and movie watching, it was time for John to pick me up and take me home. Not before a nice relaxing evening dinner at Applebee's with Michelle, Nick, and I and our families.

Needless to say I was exhausted after three days of experiencing what it was like to be a "stay-at-home mom". Kudos to all you mommies out there - you have a busy work schedule! Here are a few pics from our wonderful week together.




3 comments:

Emily Green said...

That is quite the busy weekend! It sounded like so much fun though!

Sheri said...

Sounds like you guys had fun, so much fun, in fact, that you will love my new plan!

The Plan:

Shannon talks to her siblings and convinces them that on one of the days between September 19 and September 27, they should all go visit their dear sweet mother, Aunt Arlaine. On said day, SHERI AND FAMILY will ALSO visit Aunt Arlaine, and we will all get to chat and hang. This is the plan. What think you?

Oh PS, when is Quenten's wedding?

What's up with the Walkers! said...

Did you forget to mention that while you were at our house Ashlyn left a little of her poop in your ear! See KandMwalker@blogspot.com for more exciting details....